Lawyer Profile Detail
Andrew Armstrong is a partner in the Business Law Group in Toronto.
Andrew’s practice is principally focused on the following areas:
- Acting for investment managers and underwriters with respect to the establishment of investment products including listed investment funds, structured products, pooled funds, mutual funds and linked notes.
- Acting for issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private equity and debt financing transactions.
- Advising buyers and sellers with respect to private merger and acquisition transactions.
Andrew has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Band 1 – Investment Funds)
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the 500 Leading Lawyers in Canada
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in Corporate Finance & Securities, Investment Funds & Asset Management and Mergers and Acquisitions
- PLC Cross Border Capital Markets Handbook
- The Best Lawyers in Canada
Andrew received his LLB from Dalhousie University in 1996, and was called to the Ontario bar in 1998. He received a BAH (Political Studies) from Queen’s University in 1992.
The Finish Line: CSA Publishes Proposed Amendments in Final Phase of Modernization of Investment Fund Product Regulation
Amendments to TSX Company Manual Regarding Closed-end Funds, Exchange Traded Products and Structured Products
Proposed Amendments to TSX Company Manual Regarding Closed-end Funds, Exchange Traded Products and Structured Products
Canadian Securities Administrators Propose Significant Changes to the Prospectus Pre-Marketing and Marketing Regime
Transactions & Cases
Sun Life Global Investments to acquire Excel Funds Management Inc. and Excel Investment Counsel Inc.
Enbridge Inc. Transfers Canadian Liquid Pipelines Business and Renewable Energy Assets to Enbridge Income Fund for C$30.4 billion
CTC and Kilmer Developments to develop gas bars and convenience stores for Ontario's highway service centres
MRF 2015 Resource Limited Partnership announces prospectus
DoubleLine Income Solutions Trust completes C$80 million initial public offering
Aston Hill Capital Markets announces ING High Income Floating Rate Fund's C$80 million initial public offering
Norrep Short Duration 2013 Flow-Through Limited Partnership raises C$27.1 million
Moneda LatAm Growth Fund completes C$32 million initial public offering
Excel Latin America Bond Fund II completes C$50.4 million initial public offering
ING Diversified Floating Rate Senior Loan Fund completes C$184 million initial public offering