Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Kaitlin Soye is an associate in our Intellectual Property Litigation Group in Toronto.
Dr. Soye practices exclusively in the areas of Intellectual Property and Litigation, with an emphasis on pharmaceutical patent litigation. She represents innovative life sciences and pharmaceutical industry clients on complex pharmaceutical patent disputes.
During her graduate studies, Dr. Soye's research focused on establishing a scientific basis for innovative and alternative therapies to viral infections. She has extensive research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, and infectious disease. She has published a number of papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals and has presented her research at many national and international conferences, including:
- "In vitro inhibition of mumps virus by retinoids", Virology Journal, 2013 Nov 14;10:337.
- "Genotype-driven recruitment: a strategy whose time has come?", BMC Medical Genomics, 2013 May23;6:19.
- "RIG-I is required for the inhibition of measles virus by retinoids", PLoS One, 2011;6(7):e22323.
- "In vitro and in vivo cleavage of HIV-1 RNA by new SOFA-HDV ribozymes and their potential to inhibit viral replication", RNA Biology, 2011 Mar-Apr;8(2):343-53.
- "Inhibition of HIV-1 expression and replication by SOFA-HDV ribozymes against Tat and Rev mRNA sequences", Retrovirology, 2009 6(Suppl 2):P47.
- "Small interfering RNAs against the TAR RNA binding protein, TRBP, a Dicer cofactor, inhibit human immunodeficiency virus type 1 long terminal repeat expression and viral production", Journal of Virology,2007 May;81(10):5121-31.
During law school, Dr. Soye worked as a research associate in the Centre of Genomics and Policy. She also volunteered at the McGill Legal Information Clinic and the Concordia Legal Information Clinic, was the executive online editor for the McGill Journal of Law and Health, and a tutorial leader for a legal methodology course.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Dr. Soye summered, articled and practised intellectual property with a full service firm in Toronto.
She received her LLB/BCL from McGill University in 2014. Prior to law school, Dr. Soye completed her B.Sc. in Molecular Biology from the University of Guelph. She completed her M.Sc. in Microbiology and Immunology and her Ph.D. in Experimental Medicine from McGill University. She also completed a post-graduate Business Administration program at Concordia University.
Dr. Soye was called to the Ontario bar in 2015. She is a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC), the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) and the Canadian Bar Association (CBA).
Dr. Soye was called to the Ontario bar in 2015. She is on the current executive of the Ontario Bar Association’s Information Technology & Intellectual Property Law Section. She is also a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC), the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) and the Canadian Bar Association (CBA).
Parus sur nos blogues
McCarthy Tétrault publie le huitième volume de Mining in the Courts
Transactions et causes
Droit d’auteur et télévision par Internet : Bell Média gagne sa cause