Profil d'un avocat
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Toronto
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Adam Taylor is a partner in our Business Law Group in Toronto. He maintains a general corporate commercial practice.
Mr. Taylor regularly advises public and private companies in the areas of corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. He has broad experience with take-over bids, securities offerings (both public and private) and shareholder agreements. He also frequently advises issuers and underwriters on public and private corporate finance offerings.
Mr. Taylor has represented many large multinational corporations and has gained comprehensive experience in a number of different business sectors including mining and natural resource and technology. He has practised at both leading Canadian and international law firms.
Mr. Taylor received his B.A. from McGill University in 1997 and his LL.B. from the University of Toronto in 2000.
Mr. Taylor was called to the Ontario bar in 2002. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.
- “Canada – Mining Market M&A in Canada: Expect Big Things in 2011”. Published in Euromoney’s International Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2011.
- Canadian counsel to Rhône Capital in connection with its US$500 million equity investment in HBC;
- Counsel Glencore plc in the sale of its 80% interest in the Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia and 90% interest in the Perkoa mine in Burkina Faso to Trevali Mining for aggregate consideration of US$400 million in cash and shares;
- Canadian Counsel to Glencore plc on the sale of 9.99% stake in Glencore Agricultural Products to British Columbia Investment Management Corporation for an aggregate consideration of US$624.9 million;
- Counsel to Glencore plc on the sale of a gold and silver stream in the Antapaccay mine in Peru to Franco-Nevada for US$500 million and certain ongoing payments;
- Canadian Counsel to Glencore plc on the sale of 40% equity interest in Glencore Agricultural Products to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for an aggregate consideration of US$2.5 billion;
- Counsel to Glencore plc on the sale of a silver stream in the Antamina Mine in Peru to Silver Wheaton for US$900 million and certain ongoing payments;
- Counsel to Viterra Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the largest oilseed-processing plant in eastern Canada from Malaysia’s Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhd for C$190 million;
- Counsel to Blue Water Bridge Authority in connection with its consent solicitation for its 6.41% Revenue Bonds, Series 2002-1 due 2027 and Series 2010-A; and
- Counsel to Viterra Inc. in connection with a cash tender offer for its C$200,000,000 outstanding aggregate principal amount of 6.406% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2021
Le groupe du droit des affaires de McCarthy Tétrault accueille Adam Taylor
Transactions et causes
Rhône Capital fait un investissement en capitaux propres de 500 M$ US dans HBC
Glencore et le Régime de retraite des enseignantes et des enseignants de l’Ontario concluent un partenariat axé sur les redevances et les conventions d’achat de production
Glencore plc vendra sa participation dans la mine Rosh Pinah en Namibie et dans la mine Perkoa au Burkina Faso
Apollo Tourism & Leisure Ltd. fait l’acquisition de CanaDream Corporation
Franco-Nevada conclura un contrat d’achat de la production de métaux précieux avec Glencore pour 500 M$ US
Silver Wheaton achète la production d’argent de la mine Antamina de Glencore
Viterra acquiert TRT-ETGO
Viterra met fin à son offre d’achat au comptant de billets non garantis de premier rang à 6,046 %, d’un montant en capital de 200 M$, et à la sollicitation de consentement connexe