Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
+44 (0)20 7786 5700
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Londres
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Angleterre et le Pays de Gales, 2001
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Christopher Langdon is a partner in our Business Law Group in Toronto and London UK and is co-lead of our Projects Group. His practice is focused on projects in mining, energy and infrastructure.
Christopher advises clients on a range of project development and finance transactions, representing sponsors, project companies, commercial banks and international financial institutions. He has extensive experience in banking, project finance, financial restructuring, joint ventures, metal streaming, off-takes and concessions. Most recently, he has been advising on major project financings and complex commercial arrangements for mining, energy and infrastructure projects in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Canada and the United States.
Christopher has diverse international experience having worked as a partner in an international firm in London, UK and the Middle East. He is listed in the current edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to leading law firms and practitioners, as a leading lawyer in the area of energy (oil & gas). He is recognized as a leading banking and finance practitioner in the 2010 to 2014 editions of Chambers Global. He was recognised in the 2014 edition of Legal 500 under Projects, Energy and Natural Resources, along with Emerging Markets, and was recommended for his commercial awareness. He was also named a leading lawyer by Islamic Finance News in the areas of Islamic banking and Islamic structured finance.
Christopher obtained his LLM at the University of London (King’s College). He received his LLB and BCL from McGill University in 1997 and his BSocSc from the University of Ottawa in 1991. He is a member of the bars of Ontario (1999) and England and Wales (2001).
Representative transactions that Christopher has advised on include:
- Advising Aquila Resources Inc. on its US$55 million gold streaming and US$10 million equity subscription transaction with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd.;
- Advising Taseko Mines Limited on various transactions including its US$250 million senior secured notes, a US$33 million silver stream with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd., and a US$70 million senior secured credit facility with an affiliate of RK Mine Finance, including copper call options and warrants;
- Advising a Chinese company in respect of a strategic investment and offtake agreement with Fission Uranium Corp. relating to the development of its major uranium property in Saskatchewan, the first direct Chinese investment in the Canadian uranium industry;
- Advising Bruce Power LP in connection with its long-term agreement with the Independent Electricity System Operator to secure 6,300 MW of electricity from its Bruce Power site located in Tiverton, Ontario through to 2064 pursuant to a multi-year investment program that will result in the refurbishment of six of Bruce Power’s eight nuclear reactors with a projected total capital cost of $13 billion;
- Advising Royal Gold, Inc. and its affiliates on its US$1 billion secured credit facility and on various metal streaming transactions including a US$610 million gold and silver stream from Barrick Gold Corporation over its Pueblo Viejo mine in the Dominican Republic, a US$175 million gold and silver stream from New Gold Inc. over its Rainy River project in Ontario, a US$175 million secured gold stream from Euromax Resources Ltd. over its Ilovitza gold project in Macedonia, a US$130 million secured gold stream from Golden Star Resources over its Bogoso/Prestea and Wassa gold projects in Ghana, and a US$75 million secured gold stream from Rubicon Minerals Corporation over its Phoenix gold project in Ontario;
- Advising Konkola and Vedanta plc on the US$850 million limited recourse financing of the Konkola Copper Mines in Zambia, which was awarded Project Finance Magazine’s African Mining Deal of Year for 2012;
- Advising UniCredit, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, DenizBank and Siemens Bank in connection with the €250 million limited recourse financing provided to an SPV set up by TAV Airports for the construction, operation and maintenance of the new domestic terminal at Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport in Turkey;
- Advising Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden) in respect of its joint venture with Mosaic Company, and Saudi Basic Industries Company, and project development of the US$7 billion Wa’ad Al Shammal greenfield phosphate project in Saudi Arabia;
- Advising Garanti Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Isbank, Vakifbank, TSKB and DenizBank in connection with the US$ 861 million financing of the privatization of Istanbul ferry operator Istanbul Deniz Otobusleri Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. (IDO) in Turkey, which transaction was “Commended” by the 2012 Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its “first-of-its-kind leveraged finance structure in Turkey;”
- Advising the sponsors, Qatar Petroleum and ConocoPhillips, on the US$5.8 billion Qatargas 3 LNG project financing in Qatar;
- Advising the lenders and bond underwriters, led by Goldman Sachs and Citibank, in the US$2 billion 144A Reg S bond and US$4.7 billion bank financing of the EMAL Aluminium smelter project in Abu Dhabi, which project was awarded “Middle East Manufacturing Deal of the Year 2007” by Project Finance Magazine and “Industrial Deal of the Year 2007” by Project Finance International.
Parus sur nos blogues
McCarthy Tétrault renforce sa pratique en développement de projets avec l’arrivée de Christopher Langdon
Transactions et causes
Stelco Holdings Inc. conclut une opération de monétisation de ses stocks de 100 M$ US
Glencore plc vendra sa participation dans la mine Rosh Pinah en Namibie et dans la mine Perkoa au Burkina Faso
Taseko réalise un refinancement de sa dette, réduit son endettement total et repousse des échéances à 2022
Royal Gold augmente sa facilité de crédit et rembourse 50 M$ US de plus sur sa dette
Taseko vend son flux argentifère de la mine Gibraltar
La Compañía Minera Milpo et Triple Flag Mining Finance annoncent une transaction de 250 M$ US visant le flux d’argent de la mine Cerro Lindo
Lydian signe une entente de financement d’équipement Caterpillar de 42 M$ US pour la mine d’or Amulsar
Rubicon Minerals annonce la réalisation d’une opération de restructuration
Centerra Gold Inc. acquiert Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. pour 1,1 G$ US
Taseko conclut une facilité de crédit garantie de 70 M$ US