Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Renée Zatzman is an associate in our Litigation Group in Toronto. She maintains a broad litigation practice with a focus on corporate and commercial matters, construction disputes, and professional liability.
Ms. Zatzman acts for public and private companies and individuals in contractual disputes, construction lien matters, torts, and class actions. She also represents physicians in professional negligence and disciplinary proceedings before courts and tribunals.
Ms. Zatzman has appeared as counsel before the Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Justice, the Ontario Small Claims Court, as well as the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board.
Ms. Zatzman’s recent representative matters include:
- Representing trustees in a motion seeking class action certification by unitholders;
- Representing a major Canadian discount retailer in defence of product liability and personal injury claims;
- Representing an Ontario school board in a contractual dispute against a sub-contractor of a construction project;
- Representing an Ontario University in a contractual dispute against a sub-contractor of a construction project;
- Representing companies in construction lien disputes;
- Representing a family physician in defence of sexual misconduct allegations before the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Representing physicians before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board in a review of decisions of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Representing numerous physicians in medical negligence actions including assisting in a successful jury outcome in a trial alleging a missed diagnosis; and
- Representing an accused on five charges in a criminal proceeding and obtaining a complete acquittal.
During her articling term, Ms. Zatzman completed a secondment at the Enforcement Branch of the Ontario Securities Commission where she assisted counsel in prosecuting securities law violations.
Ms. Zatzman received her JD from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University in 2013, where she received the Justice Ronald N. Pugsley Trial Advocacy Award for excellence in advocacy, as well as the Torey Family Scholarship for academic achievement. During law school, Ms. Zatzman actively competed in the mooting program, winning top closing address and top opening address at the national Sopinka Cup Trial Advocacy Moot and regional McKelvey Cup Trial Advocacy Moot. She also interned at the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
Prior to law school, Ms. Zatzman obtained her Honours in Business Administration, with Distinction, from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario in 2008. Upon graduation, she was appointed as a full-time lecturer in the undergraduate business program at Ivey.
Ms. Zatzman was called to the Ontario bar in 2014. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association, and the Advocates’ Society.
Parus sur nos blogues