Profil d'un avocat
Deandra L. Schubert
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Western Ontario
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Deandra Schubert is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. Ms. Schubert’s practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and shareholder activism, corporate finance (debt and equity) and general corporate matters.
Ms. Schubert recently completed a nine-month secondment to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited where she was involved in a number of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions, including the initial public offering of Fairfax India Holdings Corporation. Ms. Schubert’s other recent experience includes acting for:
- Fairmont Raffles Hotels International in connection with the entering into of an agreement for its sale to AccorHotels,
- Bouygues Energies & Services in connection with its acquisition of a majority shareholding of Plan Group,
- Direct Energy on the sale of its Ontario home services business,
- Torstar Corporation in connection with its sale of Harlequin Enterprises to a subsidiary of News Corp.,
- Partners REIT in connection with its defence of Orange Capital’s proxy contest,
- Mattel on its acquisition of Mega Brands,
- Fairfax Financial Holdings in connection with its lead investment in a $1.25 billion convertible debt financing of BlackBerry, and
- Rio Tinto on certain transactions involving Turquoise Hill Resources (formerly Ivanhoe Mines) including in connection with a US$2.4 billion rights offering by Turquoise Hill.
Ms. Schubert is an active contributor to the firm’s M&A blog, Canadian Mergers and Acquisitions Perspectives. She is also Co-Chair of the Young Professionals Committee, a standing committee of the Toronto Region Board of Trade, which exists to support the activities of the TRBOT Young Professionals Network and is also a member of the volunteer organizing committee for the Great Jewellery Heist charity event in support of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare.
Ms. Schubert received her B.Comm. from the University of Toronto, her JD (with Distinction) from the University of Western Ontario and her MBA from the Ivey School of Business, graduating from the combined JD/MBA program in 2009. Ms. Schubert earned a place on the Dean's Honour List in each year of the combined program and received a number of awards for academic excellence. She was awarded the Gold Medal for the highest standing in the JD/MBA program.
Ms. Schubert was called to the Ontario bar in 2010. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.
Parus sur nos blogues
Transactions et causes
Turquoise Hill Resources réalise un placement de droits au montant de 2,4 milliards de dollars américains
Fairfax dirige un groupe d’investisseurs dans le cadre d’un investissement de 1 milliard de dollars US dans BlackBerry.
Diversinet réalise la vente de son entreprise à des filiales d’IMS Health au prix de 3,5 millions $ CA.
Primaris réalise un plan d’arrangement
Partners REIT réalise un placement de débentures de 23 millions $ CA.
Belden Inc. acquiert Technologies Miranda
Fonds d’obligations Amérique latine Excel procède à la clôture de son premier appel public à l’épargne
Moneda LatAm Fixed Income Fund réalise un premier appel public à l’épargne
Fiducie d’investissement immobilier Partners acquiert des actifs de NorRock Realty Finance Corporation.
Parametric Technology Corporation fait l’acquisition de MKS Inc.