Profil d'un avocat
Deandra L. Schubert
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Western Ontario
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Deandra Schubert is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. Ms. Schubert’s practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance (equity and debt), corporate governance and shareholder activism and general corporate matters.
Deandra's recent experience includes acting for:
- Jamieson Wellness in connection with its initial public offering and listing on the TSX,
- Fairfax Africa in connection with its initial public offering and listing on the TSX, its investment in AFGRI Proprietary Limited, certain other of its African investments and its US$150 million term loan and approximately US$155 million letter of credit,
- Fairfax India in connection with its US$400 million secured term loan,
- Fairmont Raffles Hotels International in connection with its sale to AccorHotels,
- CPPIB in connection with its Canadian and global debt programs,
- GE Capital Canada in connection with its $5.15 billion debt tender offer, the largest of its kind in Canadian history,
- Bouygues Energies & Services in connection with its acquisition of Plan Group,
- Direct Energy on the sale of its Ontario home services business,
- Torstar Corporation in connection with its sale of Harlequin Enterprises to a subsidiary of News Corp.,
- Partners REIT in connection with its defence of Orange Capital’s proxy contest,
- Mattel on its acquisition of Mega Brands,
- Fairfax Financial Holdings in connection with its lead investment in a US$1.25 billion convertible debt financing of BlackBerry, and
- Rio Tinto on certain transactions involving Turquoise Hill Resources (formerly Ivanhoe Mines) including in connection with a US$2.4 billion rights offering by Turquoise Hill.
In 2017, Deandra received the Lexpert Rising Stars Award, which recognizes leading lawyers in Canada under the age of 40. Deandra is also listed as a "Leading Lawyer to Watch" in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions in the current edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Deandra completed a nine-month secondment to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited where she was involved in a number of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions, including the initial public offering of Fairfax India Holdings Corporation.
Deandra is an active contributor to the firm’s M&A blog, Canadian Mergers and Acquisitions Perspectives. She was also the first Chair of the Young Professionals Committee, a standing committee of the Toronto Region Board of Trade, which exists to support the activities of the TRBOT Young Professionals Network, and is currently a member of the volunteer organizing committee for the Great Jewellery Heist charity event in support of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare.
Deandra received her B.Comm. from the University of Toronto, her JD (with Distinction) from the University of Western Ontario and her MBA from the Ivey School of Business, graduating from the combined JD/MBA program in 2009. Ms. Schubert earned a place on the Dean's Honour List in each year of the combined program and received a number of awards for academic excellence. She was awarded the Gold Medal for the highest standing in the JD/MBA program.
Deandra was called to the Ontario bar in 2010. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.
Parus sur nos blogues
Transactions et causes
Jamieson Wellness Inc. réalise un premier appel public à l’épargne
Fairfax Africa Holdings effectue un PAPE, réalise simultanément des placements privés et acquiert une participation dans AFGRI, pour un total de 500 M$ US
Whistler et Vail finalisent une acquisition de 1,4 G$ CA
AccorHotels acquiert trois chaînes hôtelières légendaires – Fairmont, Raffles et Swissôtel
Mattel réalise l’acquisition de MEGA Brands au montant de 460 M $US
Turquoise Hill Resources réalise un placement de droits au montant de 2,4 milliards de dollars américains
Fairfax dirige un groupe d’investisseurs dans le cadre d’un investissement de 1 milliard de dollars US dans BlackBerry.
Diversinet réalise la vente de son entreprise à des filiales d’IMS Health au prix de 3,5 millions $ CA.
Primaris réalise un plan d’arrangement
Partners REIT réalise un placement de débentures de 23 millions $ CA.