Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Osgoode Hall Law School
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Jamie Orzech is a partner in the Real Property & Planning Group in Toronto. His practice focuses on most aspects commercial real estate, including acquisitions and dispositions of all asset classes; retail, industrial and commercial leasing including ground lease and sale lease back transactions; borrower and lender side financing transactions, including securitizations and bond financings; real estate development projects including condominium and subdivision development. Jamie has extensive experience in the structure and implementation of real estate joint ventures, co-ownerships and other multi-ownership structures. He represents pension funds, REITs, government agencies, developers, financial institutions, public and private real estate managers, and life insurance companies. He is recognized in the current edition of Chambers Canada for real estate law. He is listed in the current edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to leading law firms and practitioners, as a leading lawyer in the areas of property development and project finance.
- $2,400,000,000 acquisition of a 150-property office and industrial property portfolio. At the time this transaction was the largest real estate acquisition in Canadian history.
- $2,000,000,000 acquisition of a 23-property office tower portfolio. At the time this transaction was the second largest real estate acquisition in Canadian history.
- $1,500,000,000 sale and purchase of 5 regional shopping malls across Canada.
- $1,000,000,000 sale of a 79-property office and industrial portfolio in Ontario.
- $760,000,000 sale of a 68-property office and industrial portfolio in Ontario and Quebec.
- $720,000,000 credit facility on a 95-property Canadian hotel portfolio.
- Acquisition of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and adjacent Hotel Intercontinental.
- Acted for partner in a 50/50 joint for over 2.5 million square feet of retail space in two regional shopping malls in Quebec and Ontario.
- Acquisition of a five-tower residential apartment building complex, Toronto, Ontario.
- $450,000,000 credit facility on a 25-property Canadian office portfolio.
- $336,000,000 purchase of a 52-property industrial portfolio in Mississauga Ontario.
- Sale of the Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto, Ontario.
- $263,000,000 sale of Bell Trinity Square in Toronto, Ontario.
- $220,000,000 sale of Class A Twin Office Tower Complex in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Mr. Orzech received his BA from the University of Western Ontario in 1998 and his LLB from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2001. Mr. Orzech was called to the Ontario Bar in 2002.
He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Upper Canada and affiliated with Pro Bono Canada.
Transactions et causes
Bluesky Hotels and Resorts réalise l’acquisition de FPI InnVest pour 2,1 G$
CTC et Kilmer Developments prévoient aménager des stations services et des dépanneurs pour les centres de services routiers de l'Ontario.
GE Capital vend un portefeuille immobilier à Blackstone et Wells Fargo
Royal Gold conclut un contrat d’achat de la production d’or de 75 M$ US avec Rubicon Minerals
Le Groupe immobilier Oxford et CPPIB concluent une coentreprise de commerce de détail canadien.
GE Canada Real Estate Equity vend son portefeuille d’immeubles situés en Ontario pour 1 milliard $ CA.
Léon acquiert The Brick pour 700 millions $ CA.
TransCanada Energy conclut des ententes visant le remplacement d’une centrale de production d’électricité alimentée au gaz.
Berkshire Partners réalise un investissement dans Farm Boy.
Vente d’Enwave Energy Corporation à Brookfield.