Profil d'un avocat
Gordon F. Willcocks
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
Acquisitions et aliénations immobilières
Hôtellerie et restauration
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Gordon Willcocks is counsel in our Projects Group in Toronto and his practice focusses on complex infrastructure and development work representing both the public (government and institutional) and private sectors. Mr. Willcocks is particularly active in the areas of public-private partnerships, procurement and construction, and in the acquisition, joint venture and development agreements of major commercial, institutional and residential projects.
Mr. Willcocks has advised the Ontario Government (Infrastructure Ontario) and the Federal Government (PPP Canada) on best procurement practices in public-private partnerships. In the course of implementing many PPP projects, procurement issues have arisen and Mr. Willcocks has led a team of lawyers in our Litigation Group who specialize in procurement disputes.
SIGNIFICANT REPRESENTATIVE PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- advising Infrastructure Ontario and Seneca College on a PPP for their new King Street Campus expansion;
- advising York University on the new subway line and stations at York University Keele campus;
- advising Metrolinx on a new rapid transit project in the Region of York north of Toronto;
- advising Metrolinx on a new public-private Go Transit Station Redevelopment;
- advised an international mining company on a heavy rail and deep water port concession and PPP project in Southeast Africa;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario and St. Michael’s Hospital on a PPP for a new patient care tower;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario and Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital on a PPP for a new hospital addition;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario and The Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning on their Phase 2 PPP development of the Hazel McCallion Campus in Mississauga;
- advised PPP Canada on a review of BC, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Federal Project Agreements and the development of a best practices guide for Federal PPP Project Agreements;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario on the Pan Am Games Athletes Village in Toronto;
- advised Humber River Regional Hospital on their new PPP hospital facility;
- advised Halton Healthcare Services on their new PPP hospital facility;
- advised Women’s College Hospital on the PPP redevelopment of their hospital facilities;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services on PPP new Forensic Services and Coroners Complex facility and an Ontario Provincial Police multi-facility projects;
- advised Bridgepoint Hospital on its new PPP hospital facility;
- advised York University on the new PPP Archives of Ontario facility;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario and its Co-Sponsors on the Credit Valley Hospital, Toronto Rehab and Kingston General Hospital on PPP Build Finance construction Projects;
- advised Infrastructure Ontario and its Co-Sponsors on the Quinte Healthcare, Trillium Hospital, Sudbury Regional Hospital, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Build Finance Projects and on the Sault Area Hospital PPP Projects;
- advised CH2MHill on the Halifax water treatment project;
- advised IMF and Government of Mauritius on concession for water and wastewater services; and
- advised on the development and construction of the Air Canada Centre.
LECTURING ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Moderator – 2012 Breakout Session: Partnerships Under Pressure: Recent US P3 Projects and the Lessons for the Canadian Market;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Moderator—2010 Project Pipeline of Provincial Agencies;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Chair—Building Communities Using PPP, November 2008;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Chair—International Experience in P3 Schools, November, 2007;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships P3 Fundamentals Conference—What are Public Private Partnerships and what is Alternative Financing and Procurement, November, 2007;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Chair—Keeping the Momentum Going in Ontario; A Discussion Between Infrastructure Ontario and Industry, November 2006;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Chair—Standardized Procurement Practices and Standardization of PPP Contracts, November 2004;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Speaker—Canadians Without Borders, International P3 Projects, November 2003;
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Chair—Development Projects Using PPP, November 2002; and
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships Annual Conference, Chair—Process and Finance Stream, November 2001.
In 2016, Mr. Willcocks was selected as the Public Finance Lawyer of the Year in Toronto by Best Lawyers in Canada. Mr. Willcocks is consistently recognized for his expertise in leading legal directories including Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers Canada, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, The Best Lawyers in Canada, International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 1000, Martindale-Hubbell, The Legal 500 - Canada, International Who's Who Legal, and Who's Who Legal: Canada. He is currently a board member and Secretary for the Canadian Council of Public-Private Partnerships (CCPPP).
Des avocats de McCarthy Tétrault parmi les chefs de file en infrastructure selon Lexpert
Des avocats de McCarthy Tétrault parmi les chefs de file en infrastructure en 2013 selon Lexpert
McCarthy Tétrault compte le plus grand nombre d’avocats de l’année dans l’édition 2010 du répertoire Best Lawyers in Canada
McCarthy Tétrault figure au premier rang des cabinets canadiens dans l’édition 2010 de l’IFLR1000 dans les secteurs du financement de projets et des marchés financiers
Les clients de McCarthy Tétrault, Infrastructure Ontario et Bridgepoint Health, concluent une entente visant le nouvel Hôpital Bridgepoint
Transactions et causes
Conclusion des ententes financières visant le projet de village des athlètes pour les jeux panaméricains/para-panaméricains de 2015 à Toronto.
Le Humber River Regional Hospital parvient à une entente financière en vue de construire un nouvel établissement de soins actifs.
Clôture financière pour Halton Healthcare Services Corporation
Le Women’s College Hospital parvient à une entente financière avec le Women’s College Partnership en vue de construire un nouvel hôpital.
Le projet Bridgepoint Health Redevelopment atteint la phase de clôture de son financement
Projet relatif à l'Institut de réadaptation de Toronto situé au University Centre
Projet de réaménagement du Kingston General Hospital
Phase II du projet de réaménagement de l'hôpital Credit Valley
Conclusion de l'opération financière visant le projet de construction de l'Hôpital Sault-Sainte-Marie
Conclusion de l'opération financière visant le projet de construction du Trillium Health Centre