Profil d'un avocat
CHAMP DE COMPÉTENCE
FACULTÉ DE DROIT
Université de Victoria
ADMISSION AU BARREAU
Cette biographie est disponible en anglais seulement.
Beth Macdonald is counsel and a trade-mark agent in the Vancouver office. She practises in the firm’s Intellectual Property, Business Law, and Franchise and Distribution Groups.
Beth's recent experience includes:
- co-ordinating strategies for the international protection and management of trade-marks and other intellectual property assets;
- negotiating commercial sale, purchase and licensing agreements involving patents, trade-marks and other forms of intellectual property;
- licensing and enforcing trade-marks and other IP assets both in Canada and internationally;
- advising on advertising matters, including comparative advertising issues, and on promotional contests, such as on-line contests involving user generated content;
- managing the trade-mark portfolios and licensing of trade-marks for franchisors; and
- managing trade-mark oppositions and negotiating settlements and co-existence agreements in Canada and globally.
Beth is featured in the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 editions of WTR 1000 The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, and is a fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada.
Beth has conducted seminars on various aspects of trade-marks, copyright, advertising law, biotechnology licensing and other areas of intellectual property and social media for organizations such as the Canadian Institute, the Licensing Executives Society, the University of British Columbia, and the Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C.
Beth joined the firm in 1991 after receiving a BSc (Biology) in 1985 and a MSc (Genetics) in 1988 from the University of British Columbia, and her LLB from the University of Victoria in 1991.
Among other professional associations, Beth is a Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, and a member of each of the International Trade-marks Association (INTA), the Licensing Executive Society, and Life Sciences BC. She is a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada's International Licensing Committee and is also director and officer of the Bard On The Beach Theatre Society.
Parus sur nos blogues
Soyez là au bon moment — Demandes de blocage de nouveaux noms de domaine de premier niveau de l’industrie adulte
Décision marquante pour les propriétaires de marque — La Cour suprême du Canada facilite la protection de votre marque de commerce!
Rapport provisoire sur la brevetabilité des formes de vie supérieures
Transactions et causes
Northland Properties Corporation achète Sutton Place Hotels à Vancouver et à Edmonton.