Team Value and Skills
Jotee Audab is a corporate law and securities paralegal in the Business Law Group in Montréal.
In this role, she provides support for the following activities:
- Preparing the monthly Securities Bulletin
- Filing securities documents such as press releases, material change reports, financial statements, and monthly declarations for SEDAR filings.
- Filing insider reports using the System for Electronic Disclosure for Insiders (SEDI).
- Helping file continuous disclosure documents, prospectuses, and exemptive relief applications with securities regulators.
- Preparing corporate documents for various company operations.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Jotee worked at two national and international firms in Montreal where she assisted clients, lawyers and other paralegals with the preparation of documentation relating to, among other things, incorporation, amendments, amalgamations, dissolutions of provincial, extra-provincial and federal corporations. In her role, she also assisted with the registration and updates of corporations with the Ordre des dentistes du Québec and was responsible for the annual updates of approximately 800 entities.
She also has experience performing searches in various registries, including the Register of Personal and Movable Real Rights, the Quebec Enterprise Register, the Registries of the Quebec Ministry of Justice, the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and Industry Canada.
Prior to practicing in Canada, Jotee worked for ten years as a welfare officer for the Municipal council of Vacoas-Phoenix, Mauritius.
Certifications and Education
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate (Quebec equivalent: diploma of college studies (DCS) in humanities – administration)
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS), Office skills – legal specialisation, 2008-2009
- Certificate, “Introduction to Corporate Law,” Institut de perfectionnement juridique Jurissec, April-May 2011
- Certificate, Seminar – “Federal and Quebec Corporate Law,” Canadian Association of Paralegals (CAP), November 2010
Awards and Distinctions
- Prix Dawn Wiltsie et Guy Vary (COBA) – O'Sullivan College of Montreal, Graduation 2009
- Honorary distinction, O'Sullivan College of Montreal, Winter 2009
- Honorary distinction, O'Sullivan College of Montreal, Autumn 2008
Canadian Association of Paralegals (CAP), member