Making a Difference Together
McCarthy Tétrault Foundation
One of the most significant ways in which our firm contributes to Canadian communities is through the McCarthy Tétrault Foundation, a firm-wide, regionally represented organization governed by a board of directors who meet monthly. We created the Foundation in 1997 – a first among Canadian law firms – to oversee our firm-wide charitable giving and sponsorships.The Foundation’s goals are to:
- deliver on our obligations as a major player in the Canadian legal and economic landscape
- give back to the communities in which we reside and work
- recognize the significant contribution that Canadian law schools make to our success in a way that supports our recruitment efforts to continually attract the best and brightest students
- coordinate our giving program such that the objectives of the firm and our donations in all regions are appropriately aligned
The funds available to the Foundation since its inception have been disbursed under two broad categories:
1. Community and local charitable causes, including specific capital campaigns and arts organizations supported by the firm.
2. Law school donations, including sponsoring law student internships and capital campaigns on an ongoing basis. This giving is determined in consultation with members of our Student Program. For example, through the Foundation’s annual contribution, McCarthy Tétrault is the exclusive law firm partner for Pro Bono Students Canada, which operates in law schools across the country.
The Foundation supports over 160 Canadian organizations and institutions, including hospitals, local charities, food banks, youth and cultural programs, arts organizations and law schools.
(Chair of the Foundation)
Nigel Johnston (Ontario)
Philippe Cantin (Québec)
McCarthy Tétrault’s Miranda Lam and Deandra Schubert receive prestigious Rising Stars Award
Tribute to Jacques Tétrault, Q.C., founding partner of McCarthy Tétrault
Martha Harrison joins McCarthy Tétrault’s International Trade Practice in Toronto
Canada’s Top 100 Employers: McCarthy Tétrault celebrates 6th consecutive award
Cross-Border: A Retailer’s Guide to Doing Business in Canada Available Now
Bernadette Dietrich, partner at McCarthy Tétrault, appointed a judge of the Superior Court of Justice in and for the Province of Ontario
McCarthy Tétrault partner Clemens Mayr appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of the Institute of Corporate Directors, Québec Chapter
McCarthy Tétrault, a leader in the industry, as Chambers Canada Publishes its Latest Rankings
McCarthy Tétrault Awarded the Americas Technology and Telecommunications Tax Deal of the Year
LMG Life Sciences names Steven Mason as Canadian Patent Litigation Attorney of the Year