Making a Difference Together
McCarthy Tétrault Foundation
One of the most significant ways in which our firm contributes to Canadian communities is through the McCarthy Tétrault Foundation, a firm-wide, regionally represented organization governed by a board of directors who meet monthly. We created the Foundation in 1997 – a first among Canadian law firms – to oversee our firm-wide charitable giving and sponsorships.The Foundation’s goals are to:
- deliver on our obligations as a major player in the Canadian legal and economic landscape
- give back to the communities in which we reside and work
- recognize the significant contribution that Canadian law schools make to our success in a way that supports our recruitment efforts to continually attract the best and brightest students
- coordinate our giving program such that the objectives of the firm and our donations in all regions are appropriately aligned
The funds available to the Foundation since its inception have been disbursed under two broad categories:
1. Community and local charitable causes, including specific capital campaigns and arts organizations supported by the firm.
2. Law school donations, including sponsoring law student internships and capital campaigns on an ongoing basis. This giving is determined in consultation with members of our Student Program. For example, through the Foundation’s annual contribution, McCarthy Tétrault is the exclusive law firm partner for Pro Bono Students Canada, which operates in law schools across the country.
The Foundation supports over 160 Canadian organizations and institutions, including hospitals, local charities, food banks, youth and cultural programs, arts organizations and law schools.
(Chair of the Foundation)
Nigel Johnston (Ontario)
Philippe Cantin (Québec)
Increased Strength and Presence for McCarthy Tétrault’s Real Property Group in Vancouver
Andrea Whyte joins McCarthy Tétrault in Calgary
McCarthy Tétrault Celebrates Fifth Year as a Leading Diversity Employer
Fourth Annual Winkler Class Actions Moot hosted by McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault Celebrates Clients’ Honours for Excellence in M&A
McCarthy Tétrault publishes seventh edition of Mining in the Courts
Benchmark Canada recognizes McCarthy Tétrault’s Litigation Strength
A record number of Client Choice Awards for McCarthy Tétrault partners
McCarthy Tétrault recognized by Lexpert for acting on half of 2016’s Top 10 biggest deals and four of the year’s Top 10 biggest cases
Welcoming 25 new partners at McCarthy Tétrault